Thursday, January 27, 2011

New Search: Mocktails

So, all who know me know my love of wine and cocktails. I mean, who wouldn't love these things, right? But, alas, being pregnant, while my Dr. has said I can have the occasional very small glass of wine, I am mostly limited in partaking in my favorite vice.

Also, I love my friends dearly, and sometimes, let's be honest, it's just less noticeable if you have a fun fizzy drink in a pretty glass. It brings a fun sense of life, a touch of "Sex in the City" to any occasion. Sometimes, you just get that kick of confidence when you have a nice crystal flute or wine glass in your hand during a social function. Thus, I am now on the hunt for the time-honored replacement for drinking... Mocktails!

There are plenty of obvious options. Shirley Temples, Sparkling Cider, etc... but what about when I want to pull out my favorite martini glass? I have found some awesome recipes, but I am definitely open to any suggestions. I will admit, Kool-aid and sprite is a nice combination to hold me over for the time being. :-) Please though, any suggestions would be cherished by this former lush mommy-to-be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment