Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First Visit with OB/Midwife Office

Baby and I had our first appointment at the BO/Midwife's office this morning. Scott wasn't able to join us unfortunately because of some training, but he doens't have to go to EVERY appt anyways. :-) The next one will be more important.

Today I met with one of the delivery nurses for my educational appointment, and decided to go with a midwife instead of a OB-GYN for my care. I got to see little models of the baby's size, and had my basic bloodwork and blood pressure taken. The nurse said my blood pressure was a bit low, but that is common in the first trimester. We talked about the differences between the OB's and the Midwives, and I set up an appointment for Tuesday the 28th with a Midwife. The nurse said the office has the best of both worlds, in that even though a midwife will be my primary person, that the OB's are right there in case I were to go high-risk, etc. That was definitely comforting.

At our next appointment, we should be able to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time, so Yay for that! :-) Other than that, not too much going on. Still no morning sickness. I've gained some weight and am up to 121 lbs. The nurse said I should gain 30 for my pregnancy because I'm so small, and she wants to make sure I get enough for the baby. She said the Gummi-Vitamins I'm taking are just fine and that I am "Ridiculously healthy". Yay! Good Check-up!

Now to go home and continue to do reading. They gave me a bag of stuff to go through. Next big decision is whether or not to get the progressive test for downs syndrome done or not... Right now, I'm leaning towards not doing it. It won't change anything, and would probably just worry me. We will see what Scott thinks though!

No comments:

Post a Comment