Sunday, March 20, 2011

Early nesting, memories, and random crying

Well, we are 15.5 weeks along and feeling great! Laying on my stomach is just starting to get uncomfortable, but other than that, baby and I have been doing well. We have a couple more weeks before our next check up, but I feel like I'm getting bigger every day, and have had a good amount more energy lately as I have hit my second trimester. I also have gotten my appetite for meat back (yay!) which is good as supposedly, from here on out I should be gaining about a pound a week. 

Of course, every one tells you to be ready for the random weepies when you are pregnant. Well, they have started. Hahaha. I look over at Scott and just get so happy I start to tear up. I rub the baby's new blanket I got him/her, and go figure, I start crying. All good tears, but still, for not being a crier, I seem to be crying an awful lot lately!

The "nesting" urge is already starting to hit me. The hard part is that Scott and I still haven't fully decided if we are going to stay put where we are when our lease is up in July, or try to get into a bit larger of a townhouse, with a yard and a third room. I finally decided though that either way, getting all of baby's stuff into one room wouldn't be a bad idea. If we stay, well, it's already there. If we move, well it's all together, and since we would be moving in my 3rd trimester, the easier I can make a move at that time, the better we would be.

It is driving me nuts not knowing if baby is a girl or boy yet, though, I personally have the feeling that we will be having a little boy. I know that wive's tales are only just that, tales, but the number of them that fit just make me think we will be having a little boy. Not having any morning sickness (my mom said she was sick with all 4 of us girls, but not sick at all with my brother), showing very front heavy, etc. all make me think we have a little boy on the way. We still have to wait a month though to find out, so here I sit impatiently waiting. Until then, I have tried to put "buying" mostly on hold, not wanting to get something and have it be the wrong gender. This though also hasn't kept me from picking up a few gender neutral items that were just too cute to pass up.
I came across this monkey fuzzy-blanket at TJ Maxx the other day and simply couldn't pass it up. :-) I have to pass my obsession with fuzzy blankies onto the baby early!! It is soooo soft. The "nesting" urge also got me to start pulling out what I already had for the baby. My niece Sophia visited with my mom last September, so I had gotten some items then for her to play with, such as board-books and a high chair that attaches to the kitchen chairs, knowing that I wanted kids sooner than later, and figuring that the items wouldn't go to waste, even if they sat for a couple years.

This also got me to getting out my childhood items that I had kept, such as my baby blankets and childhood stuffed animals. Obviously, there I was tearing up again as I was pulling them all out, knowing that soon our baby would be able to enjoy and play with the things that had meant the most to me growing up.

The baby blanket my mom made for me, along with blue bear which has a rattle in his butt :-), and Lion. I had to brush out Lion's mane a bit as it was matting from being in storage for so long. It's amazing to me that these are all in such good condition for being almost 30 years old!

The baby afghan that my Grandma Jan made for me and one of the dolls that my Grandma Joan had given me as a little girl. I wish they could be here to meet their first great-grandchild, but I'm sure they will be watching over us in spirit!
I also decided to start personalizing the room a bit. The second room was our office/my craft room, so I started packing up that stuff today to put it up in the attic and make room for baby. I did leave behind some cork-board and decided to use it as a canvas for the baby.

Pictures of Baby on the cork-boards as you walk into the room. The little banner over the left panel says "Baby's Room"

I also did one for me and the pregnancy and our belly pictures.

Well, back to some more packing up for me. Scott has been working a ton lately, and is on his way home, so it will be nice to spend a little time with him. I think Hailey needs a walk again too. Thank goodness babies poop in diapers! Hahaha. I hope all is well for all of you!

~Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment