Monday, March 28, 2011

It's starting to feel like a nursery!

I want to start off by saying Thank You a million times to Scott's dad Joe, and his step-mom Denise. They came to visit with us this weekend and while they were here we went crib shopping. Baby now has a crib in the nursery thanks to Joe and Denise, and Scott and I cannot say thank you enough for them generously buying us a safe and beautiful place for our baby to rest it's head at night.
They also brought us the first baby clothes. :-) Of course, they had to get the little munchkin Steelers gear, and also got us a nice pack of bibs and a sweet little romper set and some socks. Their visit was so wonderful. They got to meet Hailey as well as Stray, and Dolce and Bit got plenty of loving too. We had a fantastic dinner at Dave's and brunch at Clementines before they had to head back home.

Putting together the crib for me is such a surreal thing, and is just one more thing that makes the amazing fact that we are having a baby sink in. The room is looking less like a office/general purpose/junk room, and more like it really has a purpose. Yup, you guessed it, I teared up once I stepped back and took it all in. :-) The cats have been curious (naturally!) of the new digs in "their" room, but seem to be more interested in hiding underneath it and watching it from thier spots on the futon than they are in getting into it. We will see how long that last though.

We have our next appt with the midwife on Friday, and are hoping we can schedule an ultrasound soon to find out the baby's gender once and for all. I still really believe we have a little boy coming, as do a number of the family, and have been leaning that way a bit with purchases, but have really been trying to hold off on getting anything till we know for sure. While Denise was visiting though, we did finally look through Target's baby bedding collections, and I picked out my favorites for both a boy and girl and added them to the baby registry. For a boy I think we are going to go with jungle animals, and for a girl, something a bit more luxurious and princess-ish, without being crazy over the top. No crowns, etc. but pink and chocolate colors and silky fabrics.

I know some of it is hormones, but I have been tearing up at least once daily over various things, but mostly all at the wonderment of it all, and how lucky I am. Work is fantastic. I love the people I work with and they have all been so supportive. I recieved a thank-you eCard from a co-worker on Friday for helping him with a SharePoint site for his reports, and lost it finally when one of my bosses, Jodi, said I was doing a great job. I feel so fortunate to have so much support from all around. Scott is amazing, and loving and caring, and my mom and his family have all been so supportive and excited for us. There is so much that is wonderful in our life that somedays it's overwhelming. I can honestly say I have never felt this much love and caring from all those around me, and so much support at work ever in my life.

Ok, I'll stop with the mushy stuff now. I just hope everyone knows just how appreciative I am for everything. :-)

On other notes... we got 2 inches of snow this weekend which melted the same day, and Hailey has learned how to climb on the bed. Hahaha. As much as we said "no Hailey on the bed", once she was up there and snuggling between us, it was really really hard to make her get down. She's growing like a weed but is such a personable dog who you can tell absolutely adores her family. We love her and all of our "furry children" so much. They certainly keep us on our toes!

I hope all is well for you all and I'll update again after our mid-wife appointment!

Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment